RIBA Business planning: building resilience in your practice
Are you looking for a more structured approach to growing your business by developing a business plan? Would you like to improve your business skills? This seminar will enable you to develop your business plan, with tips to make the plan relevant for your business and the financial know-how to support growth and will aim to empower you to improve your business skills.
An effective business plan defines your business objectives, goals and the action plan for success. It is a living blueprint for running and growing your business, referred to regularly to ensure you are on course to meet goals, financial targets and operational milestones.
This seminar will enable you to develop your business plan, with tips to make the plan relevant for your business and the financial know-how to support growth and will aim to empower you to improve your business skills.
This seminar will cover:
- How a company vision can instill a sense of purpose and improved team engagement
- The most practical Business Plan format and components
- Best practice for defining goals and the common mistakes
- Breaking down goals into quarterly, monthly and weekly objectives
- The identity shift required by you to prioritise these critical planning skills
- Importance of a cashflow forecast and case studies of how to use one to make important numbers-based decisions. Critical strategies for practices to improve cashflow will also be explained
- Practical, time-efficient planning for practice owners, starting with financial and marketing plans. The marketing plan being a major oversight for too many practices
- How to regularly measure results and the three most important KPIs any practice needs to measure that directly impact commercial performance.
Parag Prasad, London Business Coaching
Parag, managing director of London Business Coaching and certified ActionCOACH business coach, has coached more than 40 architecture practices to tangibly improve commercial performance and develop their teams.
He’s been running seminars for 10 years and spoken about business skills in the profession at numerous RIBA events including Guerrilla Tactics and the Future Leaders programme, helping to deliver the goal of empowering architects to improve their business skills.
Chris Williamson, RIBA Vice President International said the following about Parag Prasad: ‘When I was appointed the RIBA Ambassador for Business Skills in 2015 I knew Parag and his team could play a big part in delivering our ambitious vision for our profession.
‘Numerous case studies and the RIBA Client Survey have stressed the importance of the measurable commercial improvements achieved when architects learn business skills and are coached on their application by an experienced coach. Parag’s coaching has worked for Weston Williamson and London Business Coaching are an essential resource for our profession.’
RIBA/CIAT members £65 + VAT
Non-RIBA members £92 + VAT
1. Business, clients and services
How to book
Numbers are strictly limited and will be allocated on a first book and pay basis. Book your place on this course using this Eventbrite link. For alternative booking methods, contact relevant regional office.